I will be revealing the emerging new media trends for the 12 months ahead plus 99 new ideas, strategies and opportunities to get a leg up on the significant changes coming in 2012 February 9th at the Phoenician in Scottsdale.
On the morning of the 10th, The Big Ideas Breakfast focusing on tons of info that you can take home and put to good use.
Here are a few of the emerging trends that I will reveal at my February 9th Media Solutions Lab in Scottsdale, AZ.
- There will be more audience erosion in radio in the one year ahead than in the past 5 years. Competing mobile media is one factor. The movement by radio companies away from local radio in favor of national syndication and voice tracking is another. People Meter ratings methodology is also a factor because it tends to reward radio for drive-by listening while many listeners are actually saying “bye bye”. But there is a solution to radio audience erosion and we’ll discuss it together.
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning