What does it take to pierce the brain of record label executives who keep insisting that subscription models will save the music business?
Last week, SonyBMG jumped aboard the Titanic for another try at offering an unlimited iPod-compatible library of its music for between $9-12 a month.
The plan is likely to sink in Europe before it arrives by lifeboat to this country.
Just what young people want -- one label's music library.
Even if the labels could agree to contribute all their music to a consortium and offer it for the same money, every indication I have is that it will fail.
Cut the price -- and it&hellip
- Alexa & Radio
- Entercom Talent Fee Scam
- Draconian Cumulus Non-Competes
- Cumulus Unhinged
- Secret Cox, iHeart & Cumulus Sales Arrangement
- New Name, People, Policies for Post-Berner Cumulus
- Townsquare Desperately Looking For a Buyer
- A New Warning About Entercom
- Leaked Cumulus Vital Statistics
- The Fight for Control of Cumulus