What does it take to pierce the brain of record label executives who keep insisting that subscription models will save the music business?
Last week, SonyBMG jumped aboard the Titanic for another try at offering an unlimited iPod-compatible library of its music for between $9-12 a month.
The plan is likely to sink in Europe before it arrives by lifeboat to this country.
Just what young people want -- one label's music library.
Even if the labels could agree to contribute all their music to a consortium and offer it for the same money, every indication I have is that it will fail.
Cut the price -- and it&hellip
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning
- Entercom Programming Cutbacks
- The Increased Agency Commission Sham
- Mike McVay’s Cumulus Exit