Put this in perspective.
Warner is trying to buy EMI again. The two record labels have been doing the merger dance for many years now. Some think it's just big egos trying to best each other. All this while their businesses go to the dogs.
The RIAA has stepped up its targeting of university campuses in hopes of catching more college students doing the nasty -- illegal downloading.And while all this is going on record industry execs are privately working on life without digital rights management (DRM) while publicly, for the most part, denying it.It's just another day in paradise for the trouble music industry.&hellip
- Format Flips Are Alarmingly Increasing
- Townsquare Crushing iHeart in Miller Kaplans
- Ex-Audacy San Diego Employees Tell All
- Sellers Are Virtually Giving Away Their Stations
- Ex-Employee Outs Abusive Workplace at Audacy
- Owners Bailing on Radio as a Standalone Business
- The New iHeart Office Plans for 50% Staff Reduction
- 27 Audacy Employees Exit in One Market Alone
- iHeart: White People Need Not Apply
- Local Ad Growth Warning