Put this in perspective.
Warner is trying to buy EMI again. The two record labels have been doing the merger dance for many years now. Some think it's just big egos trying to best each other. All this while their businesses go to the dogs.
The RIAA has stepped up its targeting of university campuses in hopes of catching more college students doing the nasty -- illegal downloading.And while all this is going on record industry execs are privately working on life without digital rights management (DRM) while publicly, for the most part, denying it.It's just another day in paradise for the trouble music industry.&hellip
- The Danger of Electric Cars to Radio
- Audacy & iHeart Playing Dirty with Ad Rates
- Townsquare’s Major Expansion
- Cumulus Just Screwed Itself
- iHeart’s Moving to ‘Touchless Radio’
- Average Song Length Nose Dives
- Recession Plans at the Big 3 Radio Groups
- Podcast Listening Slowing & Cratering
- Emmis’ Long Goodbye
- Wall Street Bails on iHeart