No doubt those of you who follow the music media business have heard that Steve Jobs is supposedly working on a program with the major labels to sell fully-loaded, "all you can eat" iPods with virtually everything ever recorded.
Well, if you have you may not be getting the real story.
My contacts at the record labels confirm that discussions have been going on for sometime -- for Europe.
No deal can happen in the U.S. very easily because of publishing issues.
Nokia apparently has set the bar for what it would take to get the labels to offer their libraries as a benefit for buying a fully-loaded MP3 player --&hellip
- Entercom’s Next Round of Operational Changes
- Beasley’s Dominance over Entercom
- Entercom Salesforce Public Shaming
- The 2nd Cumulus Selloff Including KLOS
- Streaming Music Services Confronting Radio
- Plans for a Second Alpha Media
- Voltair/CBET PPM Enhancements Backfire
- Bye-Bye CBS All-News All the Time
- Nationwide iHeart Downsizing Begins
- New Breeze Soft AC Format Intel