What kind of investment bankers fail to close on their acquisitions by year's end if they really want to buy? After all, they don't get their considerable fees unless they close.
Lee and Bain have been postponing their closing of Clear Channel ostensibly because the FCC hasn't approved the deal. Some skeptics might say that the FCC could have been accelerated for a deal this size. There certainly haven't been any major objections to Clear Channel going private.
So what's up?
I'm thinking that Lee and Bain may be noodling over whether they want to pay the half billion or so in penalty fees for&hellip
- Streaming Wants to Be Radio Now
- PD John Ivey Was “Fired" iHeart-Style
- Disney Getting Serious About Selling ESPN
- The Evidence on Running Fewer Ads
- The Six-Figure Jobs iHeart Is Filling
- Ownership Limits May Have to Be Adjusted
- iHeart’s Post-Malone Strategy
- Yesterday’s Audacy Stock Crash
- Defending Against All-Holiday Music Stations
- The Danger of Radio Selling Facebook Ads