There's good news and bad news for Google's YouTube and its many users.
First the good.
Google is jumping on board the video love train that will share ad revenues with contributors. Revver does that already. But the giant YouTube's entry into pay for play changes the face of the online video experience.
Now the bad news.
Google and YouTube are mulling the idea of adding commercial videos before the clip you're looking to view starts playing. They haven't made up their mind yet. Perhaps this research from a recent Harris poll will make them think twice about it:
Nearly three-quarters of frequent&hellip
- Entercom’s 74% Drop, Changes Coming
- iHeart Panics Over Culture, Chief People Officer
- Entercom Refusing Revenue, Broken Systems
- Radio Music Changes, Streaming Redefined
- iHeart “Cash Infusions”, Financial Alarm
- Entercom Ad Rate Dump, Targets Competitors
- Townsquare Sale On, Buyer Targeted
- Two Buck Entercom, Their Turnaround Plan
- Westwood One Danger, Cumulus Plans
- iHeart Revenue Shortfall, Changes Ahead