We all know that the radio industry is in transition. It is coming off "The Dark Ages", a time span that began after consolidation in 1996 up to and including this year. I get the feeling radio executives are finally beginning to recognize (and the brave ones admit) that they have dropped the ball during consolidation.
It's time for an intervention for the sake of the radio monopolies allowed by Congress when it passed the enabling legislation -- The Telecommunications Act of 1996.
There was the Wall Street stuff -- getting used to running public companies, pandering to investors and analysts and for the most part having&hellip
- Entercom’s 74% Drop, Changes Coming
- iHeart Panics Over Culture, Chief People Officer
- Entercom Refusing Revenue, Broken Systems
- Radio Music Changes, Streaming Redefined
- iHeart “Cash Infusions”, Financial Alarm
- Entercom Ad Rate Dump, Targets Competitors
- Townsquare Sale On, Buyer Targeted
- Two Buck Entercom, Their Turnaround Plan
- Westwood One Danger, Cumulus Plans
- iHeart Revenue Shortfall, Changes Ahead