I’m hearing a scenario where Lew Dickey winds up with all the radio networks he needs to compete against Clear Channel’s Premiere.
It’s a fascinating play.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. How Dickey lost out on buying Westwood One that he could have merged with Citadel Media.
2. Which venture capital group actually screwed him out of buying Westwood One.
3. Which investment group is willing to put Westwood One and Dial Global in Dickey’s hands.
4. Cumulus is the hottest radio stock in the industry – at a mere $3.57! What insiders know that outsiders don’t know.
5. The new double standard on Wall Street for media deals that allows bankers to compete with investors and then sell them assets in return for a bigger share of the company.
The answers begin here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
The smartest, safest newstip network – 100% anonymity guaranteed – NewsTip Hotline
See me live as I MC the 90th Anniversary of WIP, Philadelphia and recount my own experiences for the Broadcast Pioneers at the Bala Golf Club March 21st at 12 noon. Open to the public. Lunch is $25. Reservations can be made by calling 856-365-5600.
Next Media Solutions Lab is January 30-31, 2013 at The Phoenician in Scottsdale, AZ. Please save the date.
Read a chapter of “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” about innovation, entrepreneurship and turning adversity into success here. Buy the paperback or download now for under $9.99 here.
Talk to me privately here.
Converse with me on Twitter.
Connect on Facebook.
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning