There are 8 big threats ready to hit the radio industry – some as soon as the next few months.
And, I’m not talking about the obvious things that we all know about.
How about the emerging threats that are coming out of nowhere or ready to come of age.
1. What’s the biggest danger to local radio advertising. It’s not what you think, I can tell you that.
2. Okay, what’s the second biggest danger to local advertising and rising fast. In two years, there will be no way for radio to recoup the losses so time is of the essence.
3. Preview the next generation of customizable radio – this is going to be hard to compete with.
4. Which subscription music stream is most dangerous to radio? Do you know?
5. What’s radio’s next strategy when it loses dominance in auto entertainment centers – in as few as two years!
6. What is radio’s enemy from within – the thing it doesn’t even see is killing it. And what’s worse, radio companies are wasting money on it.
7. What’s the very next competitor that could hurt radio? You’ll be among the first to see it coming.
8. What powerful industry “friend” is trash-talking radio to advertisers and must be made to stop now.
PLUS… how to effectively respond to each danger.
If you can name even half of these perils to radio, you’re on the right track.
This is a detailed early-warning list for people who want to remain ahead of the game.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,200 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.