We now have a clear example of how Cumulus is invading the Citadel stations it took over a month ago and making wholesale changes whether they need to be made or not.
Employees are on edge and frustrated by some of the most confounding new policies you’ve ever heard.
I’m going to share with you what I’ve learned from Citadel markets where the Dickeys have come into town with guns blazing.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. What the first thing Cumulus did to the existing managers when they took over the station. Even the managers who were outperforming their markets are forced to do this.
2. The new normal in sales at Cumulus. If it ain’t broke, here’s how Cumulus is fixing it anyway.
3. Evidence that contrary to popular opinion, Cumulus is hiring. Wait until you hear what positions they are filling. And, don’t worry, they are still firing more folks than they hire. It’s just taking longer.
4. What would you do if you wanted to attract the best and the brightest – well, forget that because here’s all you need to know about the Cumulus “Open House” system for hiring inexperienced and inexpensive future employees.
5. What happens every other Thursday at the new Citadel stations? No, it’s not a Skype sales meeting from Atlanta. Think again – it’s even worse. I’ll explain.
6. Why unnecessary changes are being made at perfectly successful Citadel stations that have already been paired back to the fewest number of employees possible. This gives you an idea of what the Dickeys have in store for their stations in the future.
The answers start here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
The best use of your time and resources is to invest a day in yourself and get prepared for new opportunities. Check your schedule and register for my 2012 Media Solutions Lab.
No one – not even Steve Jobs – achieved success without experiencing temporary setbacks. My new book is “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” available for under $10 in paperback or e-readers here.
Newstips in 100% confidence on my Newstip Hotline.
Talk to me privately here.