Everyone is talking about how Pandora now beats radio’s top music stations in the ratings in the top 10 markets.
But no one is talking about why and what can be done about it.
Today, all that changes …
1. The biggest problem is The People Meter – not their ratings but how radio has lost its way trying to game The People Meter. That strategy backfires against Pandora. Here’s the way back step by step.
2. How radio has left itself exposed on its playlists and how to correct it.
3. One thing radio can do tomorrow, if it wanted to, that Pandora can never compete with. But no station does. Here’s how you can.
4. How can radio compete with Pandora’s limited commercial load and still make money. Read on …
5. A second thing radio can do that Pandora cannot do – two in a row – that tightens the noose around Pandora’s neck instead of radio’s. It has to do with the air product.
6. Okay, I lied – here are three things radio can do that will make it impossible for Pandora to compete with you! The third – a handful of smart strategies.
7. How a shrewd mobile Internet move by radio stations can pressure Pandora. Not costly. Just smart.
PLUS… how radio can compete with Pandora’s 800,000 playlist without playing 800,000 songs.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing lately, stories like these that are honest, straightforward and see a clear path to future are a benefit.
Today’s story is a great place to start.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,300 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.