Radio is evolving at an unprecedented rate with challenges from digital media, the advertising sector and within the radio industry itself.
Driving innovation at this time of great change is the latest thinking based on a better understanding of generational media especially the money demos of 18-34 and 25-54 year olds.
Jerry Del Colliano invites you to join radio broadcasters and digital executives for a one-day interactive conference focused on leadership, causing and responding to disruption and new content, programming and sales models.
We now invite you to see the topics for this meeting gleaned from surveys of radio executives.
Advanced Radio Management Program Agenda/Media Lab
8 am Registration/Complimentary Breakfast
9 am Radio Programming in the Digital Age
10:30 am Break/Complimentary Snacks and Refreshments
10:45 Growing Digital Revenue
12 Noon Complimentary Lunch
1 pm Changing the Way We Sell Radio
2:30 pm Break/Complimentary Snacks and Refreshments
2:45 pm Mastering 18-34 Millennial Audiences
4 pm Conference Concludes
Radio Programming in the Digital Age
- How to Program to Shorter Attention Spans
- The Morning Show of the Future Featuring a Strong Woman Personality and Features That Are Not Presently Available to In-Demo Audiences
- Strategies to Reinvigorate the Morning Show
- The On-Air Contest That Every Listener 18 to 45 Would Stay Glued to the Radio For Without Question
- How to Coach Talent to Sound Like Today’s Younger Audiences (Hint: They don’t like on-air talent that tries to relate to them)
- Young Listeners Don’t Like Rules, But How to Make a Radio Station Sound Like It Is Freeform
- The Promise of Sunday Night Talk Shows On Music Stations
- How to Handle 18-34 Year Olds Who Don’t Listen to Any Song All the Way Through
- Why and How Radio Must Get Back to Contesting to Keep the Gaming Generation Engaged
- How to Remove the Obvious (and Hidden) Hype That is Turning Off Listeners
- The One New Radio Format That Can Score Big Ratings on Either FM or AM
- How To Do “Twitter” Type News On-Air and Enthrall Hip Young Audiences
- How Radio Can Take Advantage of 18-34’s Growing Discontent With Music Streaming Services
- Why It Is Now Urgent to Unbrand Radio Stations
- Making a Dent in Commercial Clutter Even With Too Many Short Spots
Growing Digital Revenue
- What to do About the Growing Popularity of Podcasting Among Gen Xers and Baby Boomers Even As It Is Not Profitable and Drains Radio Listeners
- Why Short-Form Video is the Fastest Way to Real Digital Revenue
- How It Is Done Professionally on an iPhone 7 and Few Other Expenses
- Finding New Digital Revenue Streams
- Caution Ahead on Social Media as Advertising Shifts Back to URLs (Proof: The Super Bowl)
- Radio as a “Preview Channel” for Digital Content
- Latest Thinking About Streaming On-Air Content Online
- Remake the Station Website by Only These 3 Essential Things
- Why YouTube is the Future of Media (ask your kids) and Where Radio Can Fit Into The Most Important Digital Platform Ever
Changing the Way We Sell Radio – Presenter Jerry Lee
- The One Small Change When Recording Local Spots That Triple Their Effectiveness
- What’s More Effective for a Local Advertiser – a Male Voice or Female Voice?
- A Rapid Response to an Ad Industry Survey of 5,000 Radio Campaigns That Found 68% of the Local Advertising Campaigns Were a Waste of Money
- The “Sweet Spot” for Agencies and Advertisers with Money to Invest in Radio
- How to Cut Advertising Churn Enough to Finish the Year Up 3-4%
- Ways to Stand Up to Rate Cutters Who Give Away Too Many Bonuses and Costly Promotions
- How to Get a Premium Rate as Competitors Are Accepting Whatever They Can Get
- The Best Resource for Testing Local Advertising Copy
- Jerry Lee is Chairman of MoreFM, Philadelphia who has developed the premier system for testing copy, recording effective commercials and cutting advertiser churn through delivering tangible results.
Mastering 18-34 Millennial Audiences – Presenter Morley Winograd
- The specific things Millennials really want from radio.
- Getting Millennials to listen.
- How to appeal to Millennials without losing younger Baby Boomers now in their 50’s.
- How to program to Baby Boomers (there are nearly as many of them as Millennials).
- How to target Gen Xers – one format rarely done would hit an immediate homerun.
- Why Millennials want radio to be more personalized than Spotify or Pandora.
- Millennial values – the things that must be evident on the air to win over 18-34 year olds in the age of streaming music services and competing digital and social content.
- Morley Winograd is a USC Professor and co-author of three books on the Millennial generation including Millennial Makeover and is considered an expert on the topic.
Led by Jerry Del Colliano whose background includes on-air and management roles in major market radio and television, publishing and digital as well as Professor of Music Industry at The University of Southern California.
This event will not be available by stream or video – only live and in-person April 5th in Philadelphia.
Please join us for this transformative experience.