Yesterday, a day after firing over 200 people in one day (not to mention the thousands previously), Clear Channel President John Hogan made a big announcement that four people will replace them.
Four people to replace hundreds?
Look beyond the spin to see the real intentions of Clear Channel as they await yet another bloodbath.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. The real purpose of Clear Channel’s new National Programming Platform. It’s not what they want you to think.
2. What’s up with Guy Zapoleon pulling a Mike McVay and joining the executioners of local radio?
3. How dangerous apologists for Clear Channel and Cumulus are and how they are helping the radio industry lose jobs.
4. The Clear Channel strategy to run local markets from far away and call it regional and local. How it will sit with advertisers.
The answers start here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
The best way to build on a radio career is to check out the many new opportunities I will be identifying in the digital future at my 2012 Media Solutions Lab.
There is a chapter in my new book on luck – how, believe it or not, good luck often turns into bad and bad into good. “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” available in paperback or e-reader for under $10 here.
Earning your trust every day on my NewsTip Hotline.
Talk to me personally here.
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning