Axl Rose has been working on "Chinese Democracy" for 17 years and has spent $13 million (as of 2005) to complete his just-released CD.
Rose is now 46 years old.
There are no roses, so to speak, left in Guns N' Roses if Axl is considered the top "gun". All the original band members are gone.
Whether the album sells at their exclusive record store or not is less relevant than the changes that have been taking place in the record industry since GNR's last album.
The labels are mere shadows of their former selves.
CD sales have declined all but one year since 2000.
Napster (the real Napster, the rogue&hellip
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning
- Entercom Programming Cutbacks