From time to time I like to share the insights of the next generation as it pertains to traditional media.
I do this because there is a great disconnect between what media executives think they want and what these quirky, Gen Y'ers say they want.
When I arrived at USC four years ago for my radio sabbatical, I was shocked to find young people so distanced from radio. It didn't take me long to find out why. Other alternatives. More time on the computer, cell phones, social networks like Facebook, but the worst cut of all was the one that could have been prevented.
In my observation (and I emphasize you're reading my&hellip
- iHeart Suspend Benefits, Entercom Fires Part-Timers
- Low on Money, iHeart Readies More Mass “Dislocations”
- Lee Abrams: AM/FM Slowly Destructing
- Cumulus Teetering on Another Bankruptcy
- Multi-Group Layoffs Start Within a Week
- Entercom’s Local Revenue Crisis
- Cumulus Stuck Paying $13 Million for No Baseball Games
- Cumulus Signaling Coronavirus Cutbacks
- Entercom Panics, Mass Layoffs Begin
- The iHeart, Entercom, Cumulus, Townsquare Big Surprises