No matter how bad it gets, radio consolidators are going to continue to "fix it" their way.
Less local programming.
No Internet or mobile strategy.
It's way past trying to operate the stations.
Now, owners just want to cut their losses.
That can be the only explanation for an industry where all the major consolidators -- led by, but not limited to Clear Channel, Citadel and Cumulus -- have given up on doing the right thing and opted for doing the cheap thing.
As these "leaders" lose control of their fate, they seem to be closing the grip of death on&hellip
- Potential Buyer Awaits Audacy Bankruptcy
- New SiriusXM
- What’s Stalling the Audacy Reorganization
- Is Radio Ready for a Comeback?
- Younger Demos Want These Radio Changes
- Surge Pricing for Radio
- Stupid On-Air AI Tricks
- How Nielsen Is Killing Audience Gains
- iHeart Fast-tracking AI at Stations
- Blocking TikTok’s Knockout Punch to Radio