The phrase screw the pooch appeared in Tom Wolfe's book The Right Stuff meaning to mess up, commit a grievous error. It's a euphemism from US military slang that uses much stronger language involving a dog.
How apt, then, to apply this phrase -- which also appears in the Urban Dictionary -- to the current FCC which has begun the process of undoing some of the damage caused by consolidation.
Greedy radio consolidators have been asking for trouble -- almost from the start of consolidation which was enabled by the Telecommunications Act of 1996 -- and lobbied by your favorite trade organization -- the NAB.
I have no&hellip
- Another Group Reportedly Sharing Talent Fees
- Audacy’s Dumbest Format Ever
- iHeart’s “New Work Environment” & Pay Raises
- Berner’s Bongino Hesitancy, WideOrbit Nothingburger
- 75% Digital at Townsquare
- Storage Wars Selling at Cumulus
- “Dave FM” Doesn’t Know “Jack”
- 3rd Quarter Radio Revenue Leaked
- Audacy’s $40 Million Digital Acquisition
- The Pandemic Is Backfiring on Cumulus