The phrase screw the pooch appeared in Tom Wolfe's book The Right Stuff meaning to mess up, commit a grievous error. It's a euphemism from US military slang that uses much stronger language involving a dog.
How apt, then, to apply this phrase -- which also appears in the Urban Dictionary -- to the current FCC which has begun the process of undoing some of the damage caused by consolidation.
Greedy radio consolidators have been asking for trouble -- almost from the start of consolidation which was enabled by the Telecommunications Act of 1996 -- and lobbied by your favorite trade organization -- the NAB.
I have no&hellip
- Concern About Entercom’s Future
- Townsquare Digital Revenue Exposed
- Cox Radio Takeover Layoffs
- iHeart Efficiency Experts
- Field Revises Entercom Cutbacks
- The Coming Cumulus Bankruptcy #2
- Entercom Hacking Exposes Competitors, Advertisers
- The Entercom Hacking Coverup
- Entercom Hacked, Personal Info Breached
- Nervousness At iHeart