The phrase screw the pooch appeared in Tom Wolfe's book The Right Stuff meaning to mess up, commit a grievous error. It's a euphemism from US military slang that uses much stronger language involving a dog.
How apt, then, to apply this phrase -- which also appears in the Urban Dictionary -- to the current FCC which has begun the process of undoing some of the damage caused by consolidation.
Greedy radio consolidators have been asking for trouble -- almost from the start of consolidation which was enabled by the Telecommunications Act of 1996 -- and lobbied by your favorite trade organization -- the NAB.
I have no&hellip
- Best Radio Stocks, Winners & Warnings
- 4 Things Entercom is Covering Up
- Cumulus Liquidation
- SiriusXM Reversal, New Radio Threat
- Entercom Hack Attack, Fallout Revealed
- Lenders Investigating iHeart, Their List of Concerns
- Entercom’s New Comp Plan, Revolt Brewing
- Townsquare Trouble, Masking Weak Points
- iHeart Ownership Dilemma, Critical Decision
- Entercom’s 3rd Quarter, Big Surprise