No, the CEO of Citadel is not talking about his company's stock price -- that's much lower than half.
At about $1.50 a share, what's half -- 75 cents?
Farid Suleman, the bean counter loosely disguised as a wannabe Jack Welsh, is considering cutting his sales staff.
And you wonder why this hapless radio industry can't get it turned around.
He believes as much as half of revenues would come in with or without a salesperson. That's right. Open mouth, put foot in. Suleman as quoted in Inside Radio added "why are we paying commissions for that revenue?"
Note that he did not say why Citadel&hellip
- Entercom is Pivoting Away from Radio
- The NAB is Helping to Pass Radio Performance Royalties
- 2 Groups to Downsize Their Physical Stations
- For Radio, There’s Townsquare Digital and There’s Not Exactly
- David Field Makes His Bet on Radio News -- It’s Video
- Entercom Considering Talent Changes
- The SiriusXM Takeover of iHeart
- Radio’s Solutions for Record Q2 Losses
- Townsquare Fires Nielsen in All Markets
- Longer Shifts, Stretching On-Air Talent