Disney's ESPN is up to something big that radio and new media interests should keep a close eye on because they are about to steal local listeners away from radio and move them to the Internet.
A number of months ago ESPN the sports giant (television, radio, publishing, online, mobile) began testing a concept that is reminiscent of local radio when radio was in fact local.
Three months ago in Chicago, the test site, ESPN began digging down deep into local communities in an effort to create total domination of all things sports. In Chicago, ESPN is up against Randy Michaels and Tribune. So far ESPN is leading the race for&hellip
- Townsquare Faces Bankruptcy Over Debt
- iHeart’s Plan to “Dislocate” Their Competitors
- Cumulus to Sell Assets
- Alpha Media Takeover Within 6 Months
- SiriusXM’s Curious Investment in SoundCloud
- Townsquare Off the Market, BUT …
- Entercom Selling Even More Stations
- Next iHeart “Dislocation” in Planning Stage
- “Dislocation” Threat to Total Traffic, Premiere & Katz
- The Future of Alpha Media