Lew Dickey is screaming at you – telling you what he is going to do with Cumulus after the first round of firings are completed at his Citadel stations.
Some of what he is going to do is so outrageous, you may not believe it.
But today, I’m going to lay it out for you.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. The psychology behind how Dickey degrades Citadel, the company he acquired and what it portends for the future of Cumulus. Dickey was interviewed by Dave Ramsey at a recent talk radio conference in Dallas. You won’t believe the bizarre things he said in public.
2. Dickey says the Citadel firings have been limited to 5% of the workforce or 200 people. You can believe that or take a look at this number.
3. The chip on his shoulder about the former ABC Radio Networks acquired in the Citadel purchase. Cumulus has different plans for a radio network.
4. There’s no way lenders in this stagnant economy are going to give Dickey more money to substantially grow Cumulus again, right?
5. You’ve heard of AM formats migrating to FM – don’t be surprised at this potential Cumulus tactic that takes it one step further.
6. Would Cumulus ever sell you or someone you know with capital a few of his stations? Good question.
The answers start here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Come learn with me at my next conference at The Phoenician in Scottsdale February 9th -- The 2012 Media Solutions Lab.
My new book will pick you up and get you motivated for the challenges and opportunities ahead. “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” is now available in paperback or e-reader for under $10 here.
Sunlight cleanses the dirty deals from radio consolidators – my confidential NewsTip Hotline.
Talk to me personally here.
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning
- Entercom Programming Cutbacks