Everyone is wondering which top ten market station will be dropping its format to become the next Nash FM branded country station for Cumulus.
But even as that speculation persists, Cumulus appears to have potentially bigger plans for branded formats that would allow them to eliminate many more jobs.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- The format that they are reportedly targeting in 50 markets – that’s 50 markets that will be firing people soon.
- When the new format is likely to launch.
- The name and the music genre of Dickey’s newest brand.
- How this new job killer will be distributed to Cumulus outlets and beyond.
- Will there be a national morning show to go with the new format in light of the poor 17th ranking of their branded Nash FM morning show in New York?
- A definitive list of existing and planned branded Cumulus formats and the number of stations it is devastating.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Become an annual member and also access 2,689 previous stories, here. Search Stories.
This article was made possible by information from several sources close to the situation. When you report news, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Follow me on Jerry’s Instagram
I’m speaking on “Radio In the Digital Age” at The Talkers Conference in New York June 20th – register here. Hope to see you there.
- Local Advertisers Dumping Radio
- Audacy Preps for Bankruptcy by Increasing Spending
- Ford Won the AM Radio Battle
- Audacy Bankruptcy Negotiations
- The Surprise Audacy CEO After Bankruptcy
- Crocodile Tears for AM Radio
- Cumulus is Panicking
- The Value Destruction of Audacy
- iHeart’s Future in Artificial Intelligence
- Lenders Pressure Audacy for Deeper Cuts