Clear Channel has just issued an edict to at least five of their stations that they must carry a 30 minute infomercial every morning at 5 am for the next 13 weeks.
The hell with consulting the stations' program directors or for that matter -- local management. Clear Channel is the mother of all consolidators and it manages from headquarters -- not where the individual radio licenses were issued.
The infomercial will be for "gold" -- I guess the value of buying gold in a bad economy. Hell, Mark Mays ought to go on and provide a testimonial of how valuable gold is compared to the stock of public radio companies.
- How Lew Dickey Will Buy Back Cumulus
- Entercom's $110 Million in Merger Cutbacks
- Millions in Vanishing Revenue at Cumulus
- Connoisseur's Play for Cumulus
- Urban One’s Financial Condition
- iHeart & Cumulus Revelations
- Jeff Warshaw & Cumulus
- SiriusXM Changes
- Glut of Stations for Sale
- Entercom’s Financial Troubles