No more Mr. Nice Guy for Clear Channel.
Clear Channel has a big surprise planned for Cumulus that may push them even closer to bankruptcy.
Ironic because Clear Channel is loaded with debt it just kicks down the road, but Cumulus is shopping for a debt-free acquisition in order to live another day.
The last thing Cumulus needs is this dirty trick from Clear Channel.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- What Clear Channel is planning to do to Cumulus in New York City.
- How they are going to hit debt-ridden Cumulus while they are down with this ploy.
- How the Clear Channel sneak attack that Cumulus does not see coming could push Cumulus into pre-bankruptcy mode.
- The stupidest mistake Cumulus is making at one of their essential big market stations that is playing right into the hands of Clear Channel. And, how to fix it.
- The stealth Clear Channel plan that will start a war between the two biggest radio consolidators.
If you would like to see the sneak attack Clear Channel is ready to launch against Cumulus and how it threatens to change the face of radio, click “read more” below.
7 Ways To Guarantee Media Success in 2013:
- Change the way you stream. 24/7 simulcasts of on-air programming has limited appeal and PPM doesn’t currently give stations credit for online streaming. What if you could install a way to more than double your reach and monetize it at the same time.
- Send your morning show to the chop shop. Learn how PBS is contouring content for iPad and smartphone listeners that is like catnip to audiences.
- Don’t switch to news or talk. That doesn’t mean don’t do news or talk but there is a new, digital way to approach these former radio formats for those who have the vision and guts.
- Be careful of Apple. Apple has been a good barometer of consumer needs and desires but there is evidence that those days may be over. Apple is still an important consideration to digital content, but now there are other factors equally important.
- Avoid bandwidth problems. The elephant in the room is how mobile carriers are suckering monthly plan users into more and more bandwidth. This has repercussions for content providers because if you develop content that hogs bandwidth, you may shoot yourself in the foot.
- Don’t listen to media buyers. Respect them, but don’t turn to them for great digital media ideas. There is a litmus test for digital ideas that media buyers will pay a premium for – and you’ve got to know how it is different from what they say they want and what they will pay handsomely for.
- Master the changes ahead in social media. No content provider can exist in a world that uses just Facebook and Twitter. Now there are ways to create your own custom social media tools that grow fans as well as revenue.
Learn about these and many other evolving trends at my 2013 Media Solutions Lab January 30-31 at The Phoenician in Scottsdale. Get more information and register here.
I never reveal my sources – that’s my reputation. Report news in confidence here.
Talk to me privately here.