I guess Clear Channel CEO John Slogan Hogan thinks he's got everyone buffaloed over his companies disingenuous localism initiative.
Hogan somehow thinks if he keeps saying the word localism while doing everything in his power to reduce it at Clear Channel stations that perception will once again trump reality.
It usually does -- as many researchers will tell you.
But this time, I don't think he's going to pull it off. Let me tell you why.
Of course you already know that the main reason Clear Channel is firing local talent is to save money. And that they need to save money because of the recession -- not&hellip
- iHeart Using BLM to Cut Jobs
- Radio Will Come Back, Advertisers Not So Much
- Will Entercom Ever Pull the Trigger on FM All-News?
- Liberty Media’s iHeart Talent Dump
- Entercom Salary Restoration Funded by More Firings
- Entercom To Fire All Live Talent
- Entercom’s Cost Cuts Beginning to Backfire
- Bombshell: iHeart, Entercom, Cumulus Furloughs Permanent
- Radio Faces 6 Bankruptcies
- New Outbreak of Furloughs