There is now evidence from people who work at Clear Channel that a massive purging of program directors is coming.
New technology being implemented currently is going to make it possible for Clear Channel to rid itself of program directors in all but the most critical situations.
There are signs that are apparent to those who work in programming at Clear Channel and I will share their views on when, how and where these changes will take place.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. The giveaway – one thing Clear Channel is doing almost everywhere that signals an end to program directors except in the most competitive situations.
2. Who will be spared and who will lose their PDs.
3. The time frame is rather urgent – maybe more urgent than a lot of people in Clear Channel think. I’ll zero in on it to give the best guess as to when these changes will take place.
4. The thing that emboldens consolidators like Clear Channel to make such a drastic move to rid themselves of a once indispensable part of every radio station.
5. There is a ray of hope – but it may be temporary – until all the Clear Channel stations make the change.
The answers begin here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Join our witness protection program: the smartest, safest newstip network – 100% anonymity guaranteed – NewsTip Hotline.
My next Media Solutions Lab is January 30-31, 2013 at The Phoenician in Scottsdale, AZ. The year ahead in radio, music and digital.
Never fear life’s disadvantages again – in fact, you’ll relish them, put them to work for you and be happier and more successful than ever. Discover how in my book “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” here. Buy the paperback or download now for under $9.99 here
Talk to me privately here.
Converse with me on Twitter.
Connect on Facebook.
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning