Inside Radio is quoting sources as saying the FCC is going to approve the Clear Channel sale to investment bankers Lee and Bain.
Department of Justice approval would likely follow.
Then, sit back and enjoy the action thriller.
You read the headlines. You know that the radio industry is posting declining revenues. Most analysts say the best radio could hope for in 2008 is a flat year. Not exactly a climate that will attract investment capital.
How would you like to be Lee and Bain? If you believe they will actually close on the purchase to take Clear Channel private, they are guaranteeing shareholders $39 a&hellip
- Townsquare Faces Bankruptcy Over Debt
- iHeart’s Plan to “Dislocate” Their Competitors
- Cumulus to Sell Assets
- Alpha Media Takeover Within 6 Months
- SiriusXM’s Curious Investment in SoundCloud
- Townsquare Off the Market, BUT …
- Entercom Selling Even More Stations
- Next iHeart “Dislocation” in Planning Stage
- “Dislocation” Threat to Total Traffic, Premiere & Katz
- The Future of Alpha Media