If you don’t believe CBS Radio is in play, I won’t tell you about Santa Claus just yet.
But something’s up and now we’re getting word that wannabe potential buyers are actually trying to find ways to come up with the billions it will take to wrestle it away from Les Moonves.
Moonves likes reality shows and this one is going to start getting crazy.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- The current list of “suspects” scoping out financial resources for a potential run at CBS Radio.
- Which one potential buyer is actually headed to a city where sources say he is supposedly meeting with a large non-radio company – this week!
- Which potential buyer has an interest in actually running up any CBS sale price – and why?
- What investment banks think of a possible acquisition this large.
- Why all of a sudden maybe even more than just CBS could change hands.
If you would like to see the latest on fund raising for a potential purchase of CBS Radio, click “read more” below.
Vital New Radio Strategies You Can’t Afford to Ignore
Moneymaking Morning shows • PPM’s emphasis on afternoons for peak listening • More interruptions mean more listeners • Importance of varying format content radically each hour • A new way to schedule stop sets for best results and audience retention • Found money on ignored dayparts • Pull the plug on the station website for this great moneymaker • How to make local radio ads 80% more effective • Safeguards selling radio with digital • Rename your station after this big on-air promotion. More at the Media Solutions Lab January 30-31. Register here.
Join our Witness Protection Program: the smartest, safest way to report news – 100% anonymity guaranteed –here.
Talk to me privately here.
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning
- Entercom Programming Cutbacks
- The Increased Agency Commission Sham
- Mike McVay’s Cumulus Exit