CBS has been in talks to sell some or even all of their radio group.
A deal is possible sooner rather than later if talks continue to be productive.
Any potential sale of some or all of CBS Radio would turn the radio industry upside down with ramifications that would be bigger than any other event since consolidation began.
This is real and developing.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Which radio group is now hot to buy CBS – revealed here.
- How recent were the reported talks.
- What new venture CBS is eying even as they say publicly that they think radio is still a great business.
- How the potential buyer is putting their money where their mouth is.
- What will happen to thousands of CBS Radio employees – will they stay or will they go?
If you would like to see which company is now in negotiations to buy CBS Radio, learn what’s being discussed and see when a deal could happen, click “read more” below.
Just added to my January Digital Media Conference: Morley Winograd, co-author of Millennial Momentum: How a New Generation is Remaking America. Master the needs and desires of Plurals (the youngest generation), Gen Y and Gen X as it pertains to radio, music and media. Two months and counting, register now to save $200 — The 2013 Digital Future Conference.
Join our Witness Protection Program: the smartest, safest newstip network – 100% anonymity guaranteed – report news here.
Talk to me privately here.