Clear Channel President and CEO John "The Chiropractor" Hogan has now completed an adjustment on his patient.
In one day (yesterday) -- 590 people were fired from Clear Channel. Add this to the 1,800 or so that were cleared out in January and all the "little firings" in between and you can see why Hogan has become the CEO (Chief Execution Officer).
And the term "adjustment" is exactly how Hogan described this mass execution of radio talent to the surviving employees in a company letter:
"In January, we took the first steps to adjust our business to the realities that all media companies face this year. Those actions&hellip
- Entercom’s Next Round of Operational Changes
- Beasley’s Dominance over Entercom
- Entercom Salesforce Public Shaming
- The 2nd Cumulus Selloff Including KLOS
- Streaming Music Services Confronting Radio
- Plans for a Second Alpha Media
- Voltair/CBET PPM Enhancements Backfire
- Bye-Bye CBS All-News All the Time
- Nationwide iHeart Downsizing Begins
- New Breeze Soft AC Format Intel