Clear Channel President and CEO John "The Chiropractor" Hogan has now completed an adjustment on his patient.
In one day (yesterday) -- 590 people were fired from Clear Channel. Add this to the 1,800 or so that were cleared out in January and all the "little firings" in between and you can see why Hogan has become the CEO (Chief Execution Officer).
And the term "adjustment" is exactly how Hogan described this mass execution of radio talent to the surviving employees in a company letter:
"In January, we took the first steps to adjust our business to the realities that all media companies face this year. Those actions&hellip
- CBS May Force Entercom To Sell More Stations
- iHeart Will Be Selling More Than Aloha Trust Stations
- Alpha’s Secret Station Sales
- Lenders Looking to Take Control of iHeart
- The Jim Cramer Pro Entercom Charade
- The 2nd CBS-Entercom Pre-Nup
- Entercom's Sports Focus Scaring Investors
- Townsquare Clamping Down
- iGen's Relationship with Radio
- Which Stations iHeart is Preparing to Sell