Don't fall off your chair -- Clear Channel is hiring again just as its president, John Slogan Hogan promised.
You see, 1,850 firings were nothing even though we're told there are more mass firings on the way. Some Clear Channel people refer to that eventuality as "round two" and "round three".
Nonetheless, forget all of that -- let's look at how a private equity firm that runs the largest radio group can transform the business.
Now, after all those firings, Clear Channel is looking for a few good "revenue managers" and "yield managers".
Doesn't that sound better than general sales manager or GSM?
- Local Advertisers Dumping Radio
- Audacy Preps for Bankruptcy by Increasing Spending
- Ford Won the AM Radio Battle
- Audacy Bankruptcy Negotiations
- The Surprise Audacy CEO After Bankruptcy
- Crocodile Tears for AM Radio
- Cumulus is Panicking
- The Value Destruction of Audacy
- iHeart’s Future in Artificial Intelligence
- Lenders Pressure Audacy for Deeper Cuts