The other day I mentioned Dick Carr in a piece called "Great Radio".
Dick was the architect of WIP in Philadelphia during its glory years at the top of ratings and revenues.
Dick emailed me shortly after he read it and reminded me of something worth passing along.
This is one of the reasons I always say we all benefit when we bring the wisdom of experience, along with the hard work of the present generation and the innovations and possibilities seen by the next generation.
Right now radio is stuck in a time warp created by a handful of CEOs who have tried almost everything but using their heads.
- Draconian Cumulus Non-Competes
- Cumulus Unhinged
- Secret Cox, iHeart & Cumulus Sales Arrangement
- New Name, People, Policies for Post-Berner Cumulus
- Townsquare Desperately Looking For a Buyer
- A New Warning About Entercom
- Leaked Cumulus Vital Statistics
- The Fight for Control of Cumulus
- Beasley & Entercom Debt Bombs
- Cumulus Revenue Panic