The other day I mentioned Dick Carr in a piece called "Great Radio".
Dick was the architect of WIP in Philadelphia during its glory years at the top of ratings and revenues.
Dick emailed me shortly after he read it and reminded me of something worth passing along.
This is one of the reasons I always say we all benefit when we bring the wisdom of experience, along with the hard work of the present generation and the innovations and possibilities seen by the next generation.
Right now radio is stuck in a time warp created by a handful of CEOs who have tried almost everything but using their heads.
- Entercom’s Salary Dump Begins
- Preview the Deep Personnel Cuts for 2019
- The Cumulus Digital Contradiction
- Auditioning for Mary Berner's Job
- The Cumulus WGN Rumors
- iHeart's Bankruptcy Ball
- Half of Radio’s Workforce To Be Laid Off
- Liberty Media’s Brilliant iHeart Strategy
- Radio Companies on the Brink
- The Fraudulent iHeart Bankruptcy