(Shown between "Doc" Fuller, left and Barry O'Brien at the Philly NAB Radio Show)
The NAB Radio Show now in progress in Philadelphia is like an old Italian wake -- it lasts three days and is very depressing.
Not that the NAB isn't trying to put on a good show or that those in attendance wouldn't like to hear better news, but this convention is grim this year.
The linchpin for the entire gathering was the Dickstein Shapiro breakfast bright and early in the morning on day one.
The usual suspects were on the panel and the usual listeners were hearing that in essence no one knows what is going to happen.
- iHeart Using BLM to Cut Jobs
- Radio Will Come Back, Advertisers Not So Much
- Will Entercom Ever Pull the Trigger on FM All-News?
- Liberty Media’s iHeart Talent Dump
- Entercom Salary Restoration Funded by More Firings
- Entercom To Fire All Live Talent
- Entercom’s Cost Cuts Beginning to Backfire
- Bombshell: iHeart, Entercom, Cumulus Furloughs Permanent
- Radio Faces 6 Bankruptcies
- New Outbreak of Furloughs