We know two of the biggest takeover targets that Cumulus has in mind – perhaps as early as this coming year.
Now, your jaw will drop when you hear the third potential source of new stations – at least if you’re working at one of these potential Cumulus acquisitions.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. The last place you would ever think Cumulus could go to buy stations – some financial people are warning they could go there. This would be big.
2. The strategy behind Crestview and Oaktree Capital upping its investment in Cumulus even as the radio industry ends the year as a 1% growth business. What does Crestview and Oaktree know that we don’t?
3. How can it be that Cumulus’ share price is only about $3 but venture capitalists are rushing to buy even more of Cumulus.
4. The real reason Cumulus must buy more stations in the next 12 months or else they’re in big trouble.
5. Why cutbacks are back on the table again at all Cumulus outlets after the Citadel stations are initially downsized.
The answers start here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
One new media business startup idea every hour at the upcoming The 2012 Media Solutions Lab. Only 31 days left to save $300 on your registration while the discounted seats last.
Losing faith in yourself and your career leaves you with nothing. But with it, all things are possible as you will see in my new book “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages”. See why as Scott Peck says, “our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy or unfulfilled”. The book is now available at bookstores, online at Amazon.com and through the major e-readers for under $9.99. Read Jerry’s New Book
My Confidential NewsTip Hotline – join the best network for exposing the truth.
Talk to me privately here.
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning