Maybe the NAB is snickering and Ed Christian is high-fiving someone (although that's a tough picture to conjure up) because ding, dong satellite radio is dead.
Sirius XM is days away from hiding behind Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to stall its $1 billion in debt payments due in the year ahead -- and keep Echostar (the TV people) from making a hostile takeover.
Well, wipe that smirk off your face -- terrestrial radio is next.
As I've been warning, the unthinkable is about to happen because radio CEOs have run their companies into the ground.
Just yesterday, Clear Channel drew down a mere $1.6 billion dollars&hellip
- Local Advertisers Dumping Radio
- Audacy Preps for Bankruptcy by Increasing Spending
- Ford Won the AM Radio Battle
- Audacy Bankruptcy Negotiations
- The Surprise Audacy CEO After Bankruptcy
- Crocodile Tears for AM Radio
- Cumulus is Panicking
- The Value Destruction of Audacy
- iHeart’s Future in Artificial Intelligence
- Lenders Pressure Audacy for Deeper Cuts