A survey of young people under 16 shows that the number one brand in their lives is YouTube.
YouTube beat out Hershey, Oreos and a bunch of other edibles but nothing is dearer to their hearts than YouTube.
If you have a young child, you already know this.
What you may not know is that YouTube – not radio, not traditional TV – is far and away the future of communication with this age group.
If you’re a subscriber to InsideMusicMedia.com, thank you for joining our group. Click to unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- How YouTube stands to impact radio even as the industry has yet to figure out 18-34 year old Millennials.
- The surprising – and maybe shocking ways – the next generation is using YouTube.
- How teenagers are monetizing content by recording on an iPhone and selling product placement to radio advertisers.
- More revenue than most radio stations make from all their present digital initiatives put together.
- How long it takes a YouTuber to decide on whether to watch a particular video (take a guess).
- Advantages and one big disadvantage you will want to get ahead of.
The answers begin here.
If you would like to read this story, view an option to access my entire archive of (3,426 stories), and get daily email delivery, click here.
The truth is our defense against those who are hell bent on ruining radio – report what you’re hearing, seeing or experiencing in confidence and become part of our Witness Protection Program here.
Free samples here.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
My previous stories here
- Format Flips Are Alarmingly Increasing
- Townsquare Crushing iHeart in Miller Kaplans
- Ex-Audacy San Diego Employees Tell All
- Sellers Are Virtually Giving Away Their Stations
- Ex-Employee Outs Abusive Workplace at Audacy
- Owners Bailing on Radio as a Standalone Business
- The New iHeart Office Plans for 50% Staff Reduction
- 27 Audacy Employees Exit in One Market Alone
- iHeart: White People Need Not Apply
- Local Ad Growth Warning