By definition a furlough is temporary – not meant to be permanent.
But during “Furlough Week in Radio” last week iHeart, Townsquare and Entercom offloaded employees using this tactic.
Cumulus is moments away from jumping in.
Not all furloughs are equal.
Some radio groups will actually recall a number of those furloughed and others have no intention of doing so.
Knowing which furloughs are real is the key to understanding future cuts.
- The Latest on Furloughed iHeart Employees Returning
- Entercom’s Daddy Issues
- iHeart’s End of June Housecleaning
- Apollo to Disassemble Cox Media Group
- Foreign Money Invades Local Radio
- Entercom Cutting Live Jocks – And Winning
- iHeart Prepping Radical Pay Cuts
- Entercom’s Ransacked Station Model
- Cumulus, iHeart & Entercom Takeover Interest
- Spotify’s $100 Million Joe Rogan Podcasting Gamble