By definition a furlough is temporary – not meant to be permanent.
But during “Furlough Week in Radio” last week iHeart, Townsquare and Entercom offloaded employees using this tactic.
Cumulus is moments away from jumping in.
Not all furloughs are equal.
Some radio groups will actually recall a number of those furloughed and others have no intention of doing so.
Knowing which furloughs are real is the key to understanding future cuts.
- Desperate Radio CEOs Buy Favorable Ratings
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers