Since Cumulus, owner of syndicator/network Westwood One went into bankruptcy rumors have surfaced that Westwood One is for sale.
It appears any attempt to sell Westwood One fell short of a decent offer so the company plunders on with an asset some believe they would rather monetize for their lenders by selling.
And yet it appears something major is up with Westwood One.
If not a sale – say to Entercom which would just about kill their stock price if they even tried – then what?
- The most likely solution that would leave affiliate stations in a quandary.
- A sale – not to the likely buyer Entercom, but to this company that is not on anyone’s radar.
- Why keeping Westwood One is becoming untenable for Cumulus.
- Where podcasting fits into the Cumulus Westwood One strategy.
- Why a frontal attack by this interested party could terminally drive what’s left of Westwood One’s value down.
Read the full article now