Radio CEOs don’t do these things – they don’t troll for stations.
Urban One needs stations and Cumulus needs to offload them.
But it’s not that simple.
Lenders are avoiding radio loans these days and when a radio group tries to acquire, the stock market punishes them (I’m thinking of Beasley here when they tried it a few years back).
It’s enough to make a casino owner like Liggins wonder what it’s going to take to get someone’s attention at Cumulus to do business with him.
Actually, he has a very creative idea.
Do you have information you want to share with Jerry confidentially? Email him privately here
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers
- Podcasting Is Having Radio Trouble