If you thought the sale price for WABC, New York was shocking, how it came about is more shocking.
Even as WABC goes, Cumulus has reportedly distributed brokerage “books” out on stations some of which they claim are not for sale.
And there’s this -- two more Cumulus stations are likely to be given away to the best offer they can get within the next 30 days.
Employees are panicked.
And freaked out by the change in the way Cumulus is reportedly treating its employees during the asset selloff.
- Apollo to Disassemble Cox Media Group
- Foreign Money Invades Local Radio
- Entercom Cutting Live Jocks – And Winning
- iHeart Prepping Radical Pay Cuts
- Entercom’s Ransacked Station Model
- Cumulus, iHeart & Entercom Takeover Interest
- Spotify’s $100 Million Joe Rogan Podcasting Gamble
- COVID’s Impact on Sports Radio
- Advertiser Complaints Against iHeart, Entercom & Beasley
- Cumulus Hiding Extent of Their Financial Woes