In the U.S. it is unfortunate that the perception of all the good radio can offer listeners is dominated by three of the biggest consolidated companies -- Clear Channel, Cumulus and Citadel.
That's the problem -- these three industry leaders are bereft of ideas.
Across the big pond as radio icon Hy Lit used to call the Atlantic Ocean, the United Kingdom is, in my opinion, doing the best it can to anticipate generational forces that may eventually doom terrestrial radio.
They are holding their own.
The remarkable thing is that the UK isn't exactly loaded with broadcast competition, either. Recalling their&hellip
- Cumulus Fears Takeover Bid
- Beasley Is Next
- The Hole in the Market for Radio
- No Rush to Pay iHeart’s Debt
- What Soros Wants by Buying Audacy’s Debt
- Young Demos and Podcasting
- SiriusXM Is Retreating from Cars
- Investors Turn Negative on Cumulus
- Investor Trying to Block Audacy Bankruptcy
- Podcasting Panic