These are the most pressing issues radio broadcasters are going to be dealing with over the next 12 months.
Both challenges and opportunities.
If you consider yourself a broadcaster who strives for excellence and wants to master the generational changes that are uprooting the media business, you’ll likely be interested in the topics below.
For entrepreneurs who create content or market it, this meeting is a treasure of sound business opportunities that create audience and revenue streams.
Remarkably, many amateur YouTube video “stars” make more digital revenue than the average radio station. We’re going to get to their secret – and learn how they do it on a dime.
I hope you’re enjoying the holidays and if you get a moment to check out the curriculum below, perhaps you can reserve the date and register now at the lowest rate that will be available.
Save the date and Reserve a Seat
Contact me about group rates anytime over the holiday and I will do my best to make it possible for you to bring your most important people to the one-day learning seminar. Send me an email to inquire about group rates here.
Here are the solutions that will be offered …
- Better radio, stronger digital
- How much radio, how much digital
- Storytelling – Millennials’ hot new obsession
- How to get audiences to listen to songs all the way through – face it, they don’t and yet we’re building our entire station on the concept of music sweeps.
- What Millennials want the most -- Authenticity, no hype, consensus not confrontation, respect, trust & fairness, dreams (all the way from changing the world to building a better life), fun to be with and openness and diversity in programming & advertising. Now … here’s how to deliver them.
- Eliminating radio’s 3 biggest weaknesses – repetitious music, too many lousy commercials, outdated morning shows.
- Addressing radio’s biggest objections – too many commercials, repetitive playlists and not enough music discovery, morning shows that suck, stupid contests and promotions, too much hype. Damage control.
- Radio’s 75 million baby boomers, 95 million Millennials – what to do?
- Both music discovery AND ratings – how to add 2/3 more new music and not lose listeners
- Beware of the digital dashboard – It turned out to be a Pandora’s box, sorry about that – but you know what I mean. A better Plan B.
- Forget other stations, YouTube is your competitor. Change your focus.
- Creating Binge Radio Content – yes, just like Netflix.
- Radio’s answer to on-demand – not doing the service elements of a morning show that stations love but listeners now get on their phones. On to exclusive new content that can’t compete with a phone.
- Millennial mistakes you don’t want to make – change the way you do commercials, talk to listeners differently, taking audience bingeing seriously, kill the 8 minute stop set before it kills you, don’t use social media to promote, ditch voice tracking and syndication, play games – hey, this is the gaming generation -- don’t brand or promote make personalities your “brand”.
- Start a video revenue stream – I’m doing it, let me show you how you can too for the same pennies I’m committing.
- What’s in the pipeline for radio – Is it really throwback hip-hop or something we’re missing.
- Taking back market share from below average digital competitors.
- Instagram is killing Facebook, but here’s what’s the next big thing in social media.
- 2 things today’s radio audiences cannot resist – service and humility. Discuss.
- If you’re thinking of leaving radio – make millions creating short form video like this.
- Not ready for major changes, at least do this -- refresh your radio station using a can’t fail checklist.
- Protect your station against competitors who drop their rates – it’s the biggest danger to independent stations and groups in 2015.
- Expanded group questions & answers – The teacher and the taught together do the teaching!
- Entercom’s Secret Aspen Meetings
- The New Cox Media Group
- Changes to Cumulus Operations
- Townsquare’s Non-Turnaround
- Pittman’s Blueprint for iHeart
- Entercom’s Accelerated Layoffs
- The Sale of Universal Music Group
- What Cumulus is Hiding
- Numbers Tell a Sobering Story on Entercom
- iHeart Firing Employees for Its New Owner