Live events are being held prisoner by COVID-19.
This is a big business, popular with fans and critical to the health of music-related industries but held hostage by something unforeseeable less than two months ago.
- There is a timeline for more normalcy in live events – notice I didn’t say return to complete normalcy.
- And there are alternatives to live events that are so alluring that we already have anecdotal information that they could be a big business born of this pandemic.
- When you see some of the potential startups from virus-proof concert “spacesuits” to compelling virtual concerts, you’ll see that the music business is never down and out but always disrupted and innovating.
- iHeart Gaming of Media Monitors Exposed
- 1 Record Label Is Worth More Than the Radio Business
- Radio’s Sudden Rebranding
- The Number David Field Is Hiding
- The Cumulus Struggle to Remain Solvent
- Audacy Burning Through Cash at Record Pace
- Pittman & Bressler’s Fix for iHeart
- Epic Cumulus 1st Quarter Fail, Shakeup
- Audacy Planning More Management Layoffs
- Agent: Radio Talent Book Drops 50%