Live events are being held prisoner by COVID-19.
This is a big business, popular with fans and critical to the health of music-related industries but held hostage by something unforeseeable less than two months ago.
- There is a timeline for more normalcy in live events – notice I didn’t say return to complete normalcy.
- And there are alternatives to live events that are so alluring that we already have anecdotal information that they could be a big business born of this pandemic.
- When you see some of the potential startups from virus-proof concert “spacesuits” to compelling virtual concerts, you’ll see that the music business is never down and out but always disrupted and innovating.
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers
- Podcasting Is Having Radio Trouble