As everything in the radio business ground to a halt for the Christmas holiday I kept getting the feeling something big is up with Sam Zell and Randy Michaels.
That we're seeing only a small part of the master plan.
That the big bang is yet to come.
Consider that over the weekend and in uncharacteristic stealth fashion Sam Zell quietly announced a $1.1 billion deal to purchase eight very attractive TV properties from none other than -- Rupert Murdoch.
Murdoch is no fool. And Zell is the Murdoch of the radio industry&hellip
- iHeart Playing the Long Game on Selling Out
- Audacy & Cumulus Joining Forces
- Dropping Like Flies at Audacy Midwest
- Rough Times Ahead for Stations Using Ratings
- Cumulus Escalates Management by Fear
- Race to the Bottom on Ad Rates
- DIY Streaming DJs Threaten Radio
- Owners Rethinking the Viability of Conservative Talk
- Cox Employees Leaving for Audacy
- iHeart Accelerates Merging Clusters