Ten years after the music industry went on the ultimate Atkins Diet it has lost about half of its girth -- if you adjust sales for inflation since 1999.
And as The New York Times Op-Ed page contributor Charles M. Blow observed recently, "At that rate the industry could be decimated before Madonna's 60th birthday".
Tell that to Live Nation who signed Madonna to a lucrative ten-year contract.
But this isn't about Madonna but may be news to the general public -- not to the industry.
The music industry died from self-inflicted wounds a long time ago.
Failing to take Napster out when it reared its pirate's&hellip
- Cumulus Fears Takeover Bid
- Beasley Is Next
- The Hole in the Market for Radio
- No Rush to Pay iHeart’s Debt
- What Soros Wants by Buying Audacy’s Debt
- Young Demos and Podcasting
- SiriusXM Is Retreating from Cars
- Investors Turn Negative on Cumulus
- Investor Trying to Block Audacy Bankruptcy
- Podcasting Panic