Is country the hot new format for radio?
I’ll give you that answer – no.
It already was.
So Cumulus arrived late to that party and you may remember tried to end the party with a political controversy over the Dixie Chicks.
Radio continues to cling to the same old formats and wonders why the money demo isn’t going wild for radio.
But there is hope and help.
Millennials who make up two-thirds of the 18-49 year old demo over the next decade have some new music demands that radio can easily meet.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- What’s the one new music genre that is not on radio’s radar screen and should be – in fact, it had better be to stay relevant with the increasingly important Millennials.
- What should radio do without totally trashing its current formats?
- One clever programming plan that would please the People Meter ratings and Millennials at the same time.
- The critical hot button for Millennials that every music station cannot afford to ignore.
- The key mistake to avoid with a music-centric generation that radio needs to win over.
If you would like to know the new music format that radio ignores, click “read more” below.
Talk to Jerry privately here – your name will not be used.
Fix Subscription issues here.
- Everything is for sale in radio. So where are the buyers?
- The reason John Malone has to have iHeart. It's not for the radio
- Why Wall Street is hating on Beasley
- Lew Dickey's new company has a change of plans
- Liberty wants to add 2 more media mergers to the iHeart takeover
- CEOs publicly talk up radio’s future but secretly look to diversify
- Are any radio groups safe? These 3 are bullet proof
- Entercom really is in trouble and, yes, David Field could even lose the company
- Cumulus is now onboarding new people to fire a large number of existing employees
- While Cumulus was pivoting to digital, Westwood One just got hit with major defections