Did you see a lot of CDs under the tree this year?
CD sales are off and when the final figures are in that include the fourth quarter of 2007, it's not going to be pretty.
If you follow the logic record labels are applying in seeking to lift the royalty tax exemption from radio, now is a good time to fight for a separate tax on the record industry for failing to support the radio stations that have generated most of their sales profits in modern times. In other words hit them when they are down -- as they are trying to do to the radio industry.
It could be radio's answer to the record labels' No Tax&hellip
- Entercom Regionalization Plan Feared
- Doomsday Plan Readied for Cumulus
- Katz Monopoly About to Get Bigger
- Cumulus Seeks Extensive Asset Sales STAT
- Liberty’s Next Move in the iHeart Takeover
- Entercom Memo Muzzles Sports Talent
- The Countdown to Live Events
- How Powerhouse WBEB Lost 60% Of Its Audience
- Entercom Eyes Benefits Cuts
- iHeart Using BLM to Cut Jobs