You've got to read the article in yesterday's Sunday New York Times Business section on Irving Azoff and his consolidated Live Nation and Ticketmaster concert venue monopoly.
If you want to see once more what is wrong with the music industry, go right ahead. I just got angrier as I worked my way through the article.
I know you find more snakes in the music business than you do the Amazon rain forest, but the arrogance of these two companies is what burns me up.
Their business model is built on greed not innovation and greed will work while you&hellip
- Everything is for sale in radio. So where are the buyers?
- The reason John Malone has to have iHeart. It's not for the radio
- Why Wall Street is hating on Beasley
- Lew Dickey's new company has a change of plans
- Liberty wants to add 2 more media mergers to the iHeart takeover
- CEOs publicly talk up radio’s future but secretly look to diversify
- Are any radio groups safe? These 3 are bullet proof
- Entercom really is in trouble and, yes, David Field could even lose the company
- Cumulus is now onboarding new people to fire a large number of existing employees
- While Cumulus was pivoting to digital, Westwood One just got hit with major defections