I take back everything critical I have ever said about CBS CEO Les Moonves.
Finally I can say "Les is More".
Moonves came up big yesterday. A television man who knows little about radio knew enough that he needed a proven radio executive to turn his slumping radio division around. So he hired back Dan Mason. Mason had been doing some projects for CBS since he relinquished his duties to Joel Hollander. Now, Moonves showed Hollander the door and welcomed Mason in with open arms.
I have to say that I have known Dan Mason a long, long time. I like him immensely and so I may not be as objective as I'd like to be.&hellip
- iHeart Looks to Expand Total Traffic Network
- The Liberty/SXM Management Shakeup
- An Advanced Look at Radio’s 3rd Quarter Losses
- A Warning About an iHeart Bloodbath
- Monthly Layoffs Ahead at Entercom
- Entercom To Switch 2 Formats a Month to Satellite
- Katz Downsizing
- Liberty’s Next Move After the iHeart Takeover
- iHeart’s Sudden AM Radio Buying Spree
- Competing Against the Liberty/iHeart Double Monopoly