Years ago when I was publishing Inside Radio, I received a phone call from one of my advertisers who said they were going to go out of business.
The economy was good.
The advertiser was very solid -- certainly as far as how they paid my invoices.
But, they still had the majority of a $60,00o signed contract to fulfill.
To my delight and surprise, the advertiser said "we'll keep paying your bills until we have paid for the contract in full". They just didn't want me to run any ads since they decided to close down their syndication division.
That client -- the one that could have just said, "too bad, you're&hellip
- SiriusXM's Pandora Strategy
- Entercom Without Marci
- How Dickey Will Spend His $300 Million Blank Check
- The Only Way Podcasting Can Save Radio
- The Uncertain Future of Cumulus
- The Most Insecure Job in Radio
- Dickey Steals Lori Lewis From Cumulus
- iHeart’s $55 Million Podcasting Gamble
- The Sale of Nielsen
- Entercom’s Nagging CBS Problem