I was surprised to find many young people enthusiastic about the prospect of paying $5 for a CD.
I'm sure the record business is not.
I can hear them right now: "We can't make money on $5 CDs" -- like they can make money on free downloading, right?
I put the question to students in my USC class "Music, Broadcasting & the Mobile Future". About 75% of them -- a surprising number -- said they would buy CDs or multiple CDs -- a significant increase over their current spending -- if the labels charged a flat $5 for the CD.
Only one condition: they also want a high fidelity digital version for purchasing the&hellip
- Changes to Cumulus Operations
- Townsquare’s Non-Turnaround
- Pittman’s Blueprint for iHeart
- Entercom’s Accelerated Layoffs
- The Sale of Universal Music Group
- What Cumulus is Hiding
- Numbers Tell a Sobering Story on Entercom
- iHeart Firing Employees for Its New Owner
- Entercom Now Outsourcing to India
- Entercom’s Market Meltdown