I was surprised to find many young people enthusiastic about the prospect of paying $5 for a CD.
I'm sure the record business is not.
I can hear them right now: "We can't make money on $5 CDs" -- like they can make money on free downloading, right?
I put the question to students in my USC class "Music, Broadcasting & the Mobile Future". About 75% of them -- a surprising number -- said they would buy CDs or multiple CDs -- a significant increase over their current spending -- if the labels charged a flat $5 for the CD.
Only one condition: they also want a high fidelity digital version for purchasing the&hellip
- Top Sellers Exiting Cumulus
- Losing FM on Smartphones
- Pizzati Raiding Cumulus
- Entercom Investors Panic
- Change of Plans for Lew Dickey
- Making Sense of the Entercom Mess
- The Entercom Programming Cuts
- New Playlists From Listeners' DNA
- Entercom Hired Bain -- Here's Their Advice
- Stations & Studios Are About to Change