I was surprised to find many young people enthusiastic about the prospect of paying $5 for a CD.
I'm sure the record business is not.
I can hear them right now: "We can't make money on $5 CDs" -- like they can make money on free downloading, right?
I put the question to students in my USC class "Music, Broadcasting & the Mobile Future". About 75% of them -- a surprising number -- said they would buy CDs or multiple CDs -- a significant increase over their current spending -- if the labels charged a flat $5 for the CD.
Only one condition: they also want a high fidelity digital version for purchasing the&hellip
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning