Lisa Decker was decked by Clear Channel yesterday.
And the regional guy probably didn’t even know who he was announcing as her replacement because as I’ve been warning, the rules are changing.
Another a-hole from New York is how their employees tend to look at these things.
But Seattle was no accident and in fact is the model for more top management changes Bob Pittman plans to make.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Why if you’re a damn good executive who makes her or his numbers, you’re a marked manager ripe for replacement.
- Who Pittman is trying to put in place for major markets and why.
- Why suddenly all the urgency – fast strikes, regionals left out of the decision making process. What does it mean?
- What’s Pittman’s apparent preference for New Yorkers all about?
- Details on their new strategy of hiring consulting firms to recommend who gets axed and who replaces them. And this is the company that will pay big fees for this but not let its executives travel last November and December to save money.
- Take the test! What is the description of the person Clear Channel is now looking for as a manager.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Sources from my Witness Protection Program who have been given anonymity for life contributed to today’s story. If you have information, memos, emails – that you would like to expose to the scrutiny of daylight, click here. In strict confidence as always.
Or, talk to me privately here.
Less than two month until my March 26th Philly conference that is focusing on 7 critical things that will help you become a better broadcaster or digital entrepreneur – reserve a seat here.
- iHeart’s All-Podcasting Station
- Radio’s Horniest Buyers
- The Untold Story of the Cumulus/EMF Sale
- Entercom Labor Troubles
- The Westwood One Sale Attempt Revealed
- Spotify & Apple vs. Radio for Hitmaking
- How the Internet Impacts Radio Time Spent Listening
- SiriusXM’s Aggressive Expansion Plans
- The Next Cumulus Markets to be Sold
- Westwood One Bombshell